Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Brazilian Brownies

The Detroit Zen Center offers the most delicious raw foods I have ever had.....anywhere. They make these delectable raw brownies from Brazil nuts. Unfortunately, (for me, not them) the folks at the Zen Center are heading to Korea for 6 months. So, I had to figure out a way to satisfy my brownie jones in their absence. Well, the recipe is all over the internet. They are easy to make and so good! I have to admit, they lack something compared to those at the Zen Center, though. I imagine when the Zen Center re-opens 6 months from now, you will find me face down in a pan of brownies.

2 cups brazil nuts
1/4 cup raw cacao
3 cups dates - pitted
1 tablespoon vanilla
In a food processor or blender, grind the nuts into flour.
Add the raw cacao and grind a bit more.
Add the vanilla and dates and process until you have a rather smooth dough.
I have a smaller processor, so while the resulting dough was not as smooth- these are still wonderful brownies (if I do say so myself).
Now, if you have one of those cool silicone brownie forms - press the mixture into that. I don't own one of those so - line a square or rectangle food storage container (8x8 ish or you can wing it) with plastic wrap and press the brownie mixture in. Whichever container you use - press the mixture firmly into the container. Slice into small squares with a sharp (not serrated) knife and enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment